Last Updated: Feb 8, 2021
By visiting the Site or using the Service, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Policy. This Policy is incorporated into and is subject to the Contiq Terms of Service.
The information we collect
- User-provided Information. When you enter your contact information into the Site or use the Service, you may provide and we may collect what is generally called “personally identifiable” information, or “personal information,” which is information that specifically identifies an individual. Examples of personal information include name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and credit card or other billing information. Personal information also includes other information, such as date of birth, geographic area, or preferences, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual.
- “Cookies” Information. When you visit the Site or use the Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to use the Service.
- “Automatically Collected” Information. When you use visit the Site or use the Service, we may automatically record certain information from your device. This “automatically collected” information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Site or Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Site or Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Site or Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information, including personal information, from other third parties not described above. If we combine or associate information obtained from third parties with personal information that we collect through the Site or Service, we will treat the combined information as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
- Contiq's use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements
Contiq requires read-only access to your Business Gmail account. By authorizing Contiq to connect to your account, you are giving Contiq read-only access (gmail.readonly) to all email content in your account as defined by Google’s Gmail API.
Contiq collects email and calendar metadata for the sole business-related use of the user and Contiq’s Client. The following data is stored:
- Gmail fields (Sender, Recipient, Date, Time, Subject, Body for Sentiment Analysis, Attachment Name)
- GCalendar fields (Meeting Organizer, Guests, Date, Time, Meeting Title, Attachment Name)
How we use the information we collect
We use information we collect on the Site or Service in a variety of ways in providing the Site and Service and operating our business, including the following:
- We do not sell your information for marketing purposes
- We use the information that we collect on the Site or Service to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Site or Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, to otherwise provide support to users, to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Site or Service, and to develop new products, services, feature, and functionality.
- We may use your email address or other information we collect on the Site or Service to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, intellectual property infringement, site maintenance, or similar purposes.
- We may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information we collect on the Site or Service to: (i) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Site or Service; (ii) monitor aggregate website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (iii) track your use of the Site or Service for administrative purposes.
When we disclose information
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information that we collect on the Site or Service to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- We work with third party service providers (including Amazon Web Services) to provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information. To the extent such third party service providers store your information, use of the information is subject to the privacy policies of the third party service providers.
- We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Site or Service.
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Site or Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Site or Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
Data we Collect
Category of Personal Data
Personal Data Collected
Source of Personal Data
Internet Protocol address
Metadata of emails and calendars associated with sales opportunities. (specifically, the following fields: Sender, Recipient, Body for sentiment analysis, Date, Time, Subject and Attachment Name).
You / Third Parties
Customer records identified by state law (including the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)))
Internet Protocol address
Metadata of emails and calendars associated with sales opportunities (specifically, the following fields: Recipient, Date, Body for sentiment analysis, Time, Subject and Attachment Name).
You / Third Parties
Internet or other similar network activity information
Interactions with a website, application or advertisement.
You / Affiliates / Third Parties
You may decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Site or Service. You may contact us at email@example.com to request that we update or correct your account information or any other personal information we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you, or we may provide a way for you to do that yourself; note that if your information has come to us from a third party source we won’t be able to correct it at the source. When your account is deactivated, Contiq will delete your information. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for data backup, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
Sale of Personal Data
We do not sell your personal data.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of personal information that we collect and maintain. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Site or Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we learn of a data security incident that compromises or appears to compromise your personally identifiable information, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice through the Site or Service if a data security incident occurs.
Editing and Deleting Your Data
Upon request, Contiq will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information please contact us at privacy@Contiq.com. If you wish to access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information, please contact us at privacy@Contiq.com. Contiq has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes within its Service. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to Contiq's Client (the data controller). If the Client requests Contiq to remove the data, we will respond to their request within 30 days. If as an individual, you wish to identify the specific Client who is acting as the data controller of your Information, please contact privacy@Contiq.com and we will provide their contact information subject to Contiq receiving approval of release of that information from the data controller.
Deleting Your Account
You can delete your account by sending an email to support@Contiq.com. Subject to the "Limitations on Deletion" section below, when you request us to delete your account for the Service, your data may be permanently deleted from our servers and access to your account will be disabled. We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Contiq will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Client. Contiq will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Limitations on Deletion
In addition, copies of your information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been publicly published by you or otherwise shared by you with others (such as your User Submissions).
We may also indefinitely retain and use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
We may also retain Information collected by Third Party usage tracking services in aggregate form, for the purposes of maintaining historical information on usage of our services.
We may also retain your Information to the extent required to comply with (or we deem it reasonable in light of) any laws or regulations.
The Site and Service are hosted in the United States and is intended for users located within the United States. If you choose to use the Site or Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Site or Service. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Site or Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Choice and State/Location Specific Rights
You may sign-up to receive email or newsletter or other communications from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving this information, you may update your email preferences by using the "Unsubscribe" link found in emails we send to you or by contacting us at support@Contiq.com.
We collect information for our Clients, if you are a customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the client that you interact with directly
State-Specific Privacy Rights
California Resident Rights
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes; in order to submit such a request, please contact us at support@Contiq.com.
You have the right to request certain information about our collection and use of your Personal Data over the past 12 months. We will provide you with the following information:
- The categories of Personal Data that we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which that Personal Data was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your Personal Data.
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Data.
- The specific pieces of Personal Data that we have collected about you.
If we have disclosed your Personal Data for a business purpose over the past 12 months, we will identify the categories of Personal Data shared with each category of third party recipient.
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Data that we have collected from you. Under the CCPA, this right is subject to certain exceptions: for example, we may need to retain your Personal Data to provide you with the Services or complete a transaction or other action you have requested. If your deletion request is subject to one of these exceptions, we may deny your deletion request.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the rights described above, you must send us a request that: (1) provides sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Data (for example, providing us your enterprise email address used to register for the Services), and (2) describe your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Each request that meets both of these criteria will be considered a “Valid Request.” We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use Personal Data provided in a Valid Request to verify you and complete your request.
We will work to respond to your Valid Request within 45 days of receipt. We will not charge you a fee for making a Valid Request unless your Valid Request(s) is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your Valid Request warrants a fee, we will notify you of the fee and explain that decision before completing your request.
You may submit a Valid Request using the following methods:
- Call us at: (650) 265-2111
- Emailing us at: support@Contiq.com
We Will Not Discriminate Against You for Exercising Your Rights Under the CCPA
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. We will not deny you our goods or services, charge you different prices or rates, or provide you a lower quality of goods and services if you exercise your rights under the CCPA. However, we may offer different tiers of our Services as allowed by applicable data privacy laws (including the CCPA) with varying prices, rates, or levels of quality of the goods or services you receive related to the value of Personal Data that we receive from you.
Nevada Resident Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Data to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Data. You can exercise this right by contacting us at support@Contiq.com with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account.
European Union Data Subject Rights
If you are located in the EU, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). For more information about Contiq’s compliance with GDPR, please visit our page dedicated to GDPR.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available through the Site or Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you if the modifications materially alter how our privacy practices affect you. Your continued use of the Site or Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of this Policy.
Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your personal information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
440 N Wolfe Rd
Sunnyvale, CA 94086