Last Updated: April 25, 2017
By visiting the Site or using the Service, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Policy. This Policy is incorporated into and is subject to the Contiq Terms of Service.
The information we collect
- User-provided Information. When you enter your contact information into the Site or use the Service, you may provide and we may collect what is generally called “personally identifiable” information, or “personal information,” which is information that specifically identifies an individual. Examples of personal information include name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and credit card or other billing information. Personal information also includes other information, such as date of birth, geographic area, or preferences, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual.
- “Cookies” Information. When you visit the Site or use the Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to use the Service.
- “Automatically Collected” Information. When you use visit the Site or use the Service, we may automatically record certain information from your device. This “automatically collected” information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Site or Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Site or Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Site or Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information, including personal information, from other third parties not described above. If we combine or associate information obtained from third parties with personal information that we collect through the Site or Service, we will treat the combined information as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
How we use the information we collect
We use information we collect on the Site or Service in a variety of ways in providing the Site and Service and operating our business, including the following:
- We use the information that we collect on the Site or Service to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Site or Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, to otherwise provide support to users, to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Site or Service, and to develop new products, services, feature, and functionality.
- We may use your email address or other information we collect on the Site or Service to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, intellectual property infringement, site maintenance, or similar purposes.
- We may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information we collect on the Site or Service to: (i) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Site or Service; (ii) monitor aggregate website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (iii) track your use of the Site or Service for administrative purposes.
When we disclose information
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information that we collect on the Site or Service to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- We work with third party service providers (including Amazon Web Services) to provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information. To the extent such third party service providers store your information, use of the information is subject to the privacy policies of the third party service providers.
- We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Site or Service.
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Site or Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Site or Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
You may decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Site or Service. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we update or correct your account information or any other personal information we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you, or we may provide a way for you to do that yourself; note that if your information has come to us from a third party source we won’t be able to correct it at the source. When your account is deactivated, Contiq will delete your information. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for data backup, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of personal information that we collect and maintain. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Site or Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we learn of a data security incident that compromises or appears to compromise your personally identifiable information, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice through the Site or Service if a data security incident occurs.
The Site and Service are hosted in the United States and is intended for users located within the United States. If you choose to use the Site or Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Site or Service. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Site or Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available through the Site or Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you if the modifications materially alter how our privacy practices affect you. Your continued use of the Site or Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of this Policy.
Our Contact Information
1735 Technology Dr., STE 770
San Jose, CA 95110
Build more engaging content
In today's modern business environment, sending content is easy what’s difficult is understanding if it’s enough to move a deal forward.